Last month we talked about winter being upon us. Really?
We know, a snowstorm can still hit, but is this crazy or what? Because of the mild weather we think the spring market is going to hit early this year, I mean, spring certainly did!! We had an open house last weekend in Ballwin, MO and over 75 people came through the house in over 25 groups. We secured a contract on one day
Love it when it works out like that!
Here’s to the spring market!!
THE BLANKENSHIP REAL ESTATE TIPS
Last month I shared some information on the hottest areas in the St. Louis Market from the seller’s side. This month I want to share the best markets for buyers. Yes, there are few in the area. As you can see they are in a wide range of neighborhoods and probable price ranges. The table below was also compiled by Dennis Norman and published in the St. Louis Real Estate News. This is an interesting and easy to read online publication if you want even more information.
|Rank||City||# Listings for Sale||listings sold in the last 30 Days||Month’s Supply|
THE BLANKENSHIP EVENT TIPS
March brings thoughts of spring break, daffodils and crocus blooming, and sending out acceptance letters for independent schools. Whoops, wrong job!!!! Here are a few fun things to do this March.
- ALL REQUEST DUELING PIANOS: Roaring Twenties Complex, 807 North 2nd Street, Friday and Saturdays 8:00-2:30.
- ZORBA: Starts March 2 and runs Thursday-Saturday at 8:00 through March 25th. !! New Line Theater at the Marcelle Theater, 3310 Shepard Drive. It’s 1924 on the Greek Isles and you are about to go on a whirlwind tour of the passions of the heart. Rowdy and high energy!!
- PNC Arts Alive New Dance Horizon: Women Who Inspire: Friday, March 3 at 8:00 pm and Saturday, March 4 at 8:00 pm. Touhill Performing Arts Center on the UMSL Campus. Explores women of all periods and backgrounds who have positively influenced the world as we know it.
- RAIN: A TRIBUTE TO THE BEATLES: Sunday, March 5, 7:00 pm, The Fox Theater, ttickets $35-$100.
- A HAPPY LITTLE CRAFT FAIR: GREEN WITH INDIE: Saturday, March 11 from 10:00-5:00, 175 Edgar Road, Webster Grove, 63119. 75 local artists, food trucks, vintage wares, interactive art demos and more.
- THIRD FRIDAY OPEN HOUSE-THIRD DEGREE GLASS: The third Friday of every month they host an Open House with glass blowing and flame-working demonstrations, live music, cash bar, and beautiful glasswork for sale. 6:00-10:00 pm, 5200 Delmar.
- MAKE ME LAUGH: Thursday, March 30, 8:00-9:30; Friday, April 1, 8:00-9:30; Saturday, April 2, 7:00-8:30, at Moulin at Vin de Set, for information 917-292-5441. They are looking for the funniest amateur comedians across the country. The winner joins an X Country Tour. Come get some laughs and cheer on the local talent.
- Kris Kristofferson: The Pageant, March 31, 8:00 pm, $50, 314-726-6161. Okay, I couldn’t resist, I mean this is a blast from the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, my past, all you youngsters probably are going, “who is he?”
- TAJ EXPRESS: THE BOLLYWOOD MUSICAL REVIEW: The Touhill on the UMSL Campus, March 31 at 8:00, April 1 at 2:00 and 8:00. Explodes with sounds of India and Bollywood through a fusion of film, dance and music in a dazzling international sensation.
THE BLANKENSHIP SIPS
Last week we went to a fundraiser for SSM Hospice. It was a great event held at the Foundry in St. Charles. Your ticket allowed you to sample the wares of local wineries, distilleries, micro-breweries and chocolatiers.
Who knew how many booze makers there were in our area. One of my favorites was StilL 360, which distills whiskey, bourbon and rum at 1000 South 4th Street. I was a big fan of their rum. So in that spirit, here are some favorite rum drinks.
Daiquiri: We make the daiquiris just like the margaritas.
- In a blender mix: one large can of limeade, half a can of rum and ice to the top. Blend until smooth
- For flavored daiquiris just add fresh or frozen fruit of your choice.
Witches Brew: (Nancy B. this one is for you!)
- 2 ounces of mixed cranberry and pineapple juice
- 2 ounces of 7-Up
- 11/4 ounces of Coconut Rum
Rum Punch with a punch: Mix together:
- 2 parts light rum
- 1 part dark rum
- 1 part orange juice
- 1 part Cranberry juice
- Pineapple slice (if you are feeling fancy)
To all our Tips and Sips friends, we want to thank you for reading Tips and Sips and letting us know what you think. We know you skip to the bottom, but hey, you are our friends!!
We also want to say that business is strong because of your referrals, and for that we give great thanks as well.