Winter is upon us, sort of. I mean the top was down several days in January with temperatures in the 60s and it is supposed to happen again next week.
What that really means is “watch out for the April snow storm!!” It is also February which means Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Whether you are an ardent fan of the “lover’s day” or a firm believer that it is a made-up holiday it is a good time to show your love to those special people in your life. We will have some pink drink recipes for you to ensure the day is joyous!!
THE BLANKENSHIP REAL ESTATE TIPS
This month I thought I would give you some information on the hottest areas in the St. Louis Real Estate Market. The table below was compiled by Dennis Norman and published in the St. Louis Real Estate News. I added the column with the municipalities to make it easier to picture where these zip codes are located.
The rankings are based on average days on the market. In other words, how fast are homes in St. Louis selling?
|Rank||County||Zip Code||Municipality||Active Listings||Average Days on Market|
|3||St Charles||63376||St Peters/O’Fallon||61||46|
|5||St Louis City||63109||Hampton/Lindenwood Park||50||51|
|7||St Louis||63043||Maryland Heights/Hazelwood||32||51|
THE BLANKENSHIP EVENT TIPS
Lots to do in St. Louis in February. We tried to hit a variety of events but there is certainly more to do. The Riverfront times has a wonderful calendar section, the most comprehensive I have found on what is happening in the Lou.
- Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream: St. Louis: Oh, who doesn’t like a night of Disney with the kids??! February 9-12, Scottrade Center, Tickets $34 and up.
- Orchid Show: February 4-March 26, 9:00-5:00, Missouri Botanical Garden, $5 plus regular admission cost.
- Wine and Beer Tasting: February 10, 6:30-8:30 at Opera Theater St. Louis. A fund raiser to help support the theater’s Professional Training Program. There will be an impressive array of wines and brews, hors d’ oeuvres and a silent auction. Tickets are $70.
- Sting, February 17, 8:00 pm, The Pageant, General Admission tickets are $104.
- Centennial Beer Festival: February 16, 6:00-9:00 pm; February 17, 6:00-9:00 pm; February, 18 2:00-5:00 pm and 6:00-9:00 pm. On Friday and Saturday there will be more than 200 beers from local, domestic and international breweries, held at Moulin at Vin de Set.
- Mardi Gras Fun Run: February 18, 9:00 am. Run through the historic Soulard neighborhood and in the spirit of Mardi Gras the pit stops serve beer and hurricanes. Really? It might make me take up runner. Free T-shirt as well.
- Bon Jovi: February 19, 7:30 pm, Scottrade, tickets start at $27.
- Naughti Gras: This is the 10th anniversary of St. Louis’ erotic art show at The Koken Art Factory. February 17-18, 7:00 pm to 1:00 am. There will be art, entertainment, burlesque, bands, pole dancing and more. It is definitely a bit wild and certainly not your typical art fair, but fun if you are game!!
- Fairytale Friday: February 17, 6:00-7:00 pm, at River Chase in Fenton. This is a night all about fairytales, with snacks, crafts, stories and maybe even some special visitors. A much more family oriented night than the listing above!
- Mardi Gras: Here some of the events to check out.
- Beggin Pet Parade: Feb. 19th, Register starts at 10:00 am at the corner of 12th and Allen, parade starts at 1:00.
- Weiner Dog Derby: Feb. 19th, Register, Register starting at 10:00 at the corner of 9th abd Lafayette. First heat begins at 2:00.
- Mayor’s Ball: Feb. 24th, 7:00 pm at the Rotunda in City Hall. Tickets $150, call Olivia at 314-771-5110.
- Bud Light Grand Parade, Feb. 25th starting at 11:00 at Busch Stadium and ending at the brewery.
- Shen Yun: Performed at the Peabody February 25, 2:00 and 7:00; February 26 at 2:00. Enter the Land of the Divine, a magical journey with classic Chinese dance, music and storytellers.
THE BLANKENSHIP SIPS
For a bit of fun and in honor of Valentine’s Day we thought we would give you some recipes for pink drinks.
Think Pink Pitches of Raspberry Cosmos
- 1 cup vodka
- ½ cup triple sec
- ½ cup Rose’s lime juice
- 3 cups raspberry juice
- 1 ½ oz. tequila
- 3 ounces of pink grapefruit juice
- A splash of club soda
- A lime wedge if you want to go all fancy
Strawberry Lime Slushie
- 1 large can pink lemonade
- About a cup of white soda (your choice)
- A bag of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup vodka
- ½ cup of triple sec
- Ice to the top
Blend until smooth. If this seems like a play on the original Margarita recipe, you are correct. So many options!!!!!
To all our Tips and Sips friends we thank you once again for your support, your help in spreading the word about the Blankenship Team, and your referrals. We are looking forward to another good year thanks to all of you!!