The holidays are past and the New Year is wide open in front of us. A part of me is always sad that the holidays are over, the festivities are ended and the special family times are memories.
At the same time, the New Year promises new beginnings, unknown adventures and its own set of special memories. For us personally we continue to learn how to move forward without Kim, as we hold him so firmly in our thoughts and hearts.
Professionally, we are working hard to make the Blankenship Team the best it can be. We promise to be knowledgeable, available and to always handle your business in a professional way.
In addition, I am pretty sure we will also throw in a bit of humor and fun along the way. Thank you for your support in 2016 and let us know if we can be of assistance in 2017.
JANUARY ST. LOUIS REAL ESTATE SELLING TIPS
Are you thinking about moving and putting your house on the market but are just not sure? That’s okay.
Here are a couple of first steps you can take and ways we can help.
- Get the Ball Rolling! Even if it you are only beginning to ponder the idea let us know and we can set you up to receive emails when houses that match your wish list come available in the areas you are considering. A good way to get the ball rolling. Or, even if you are just curious about home values in a certain area we are happy to set that up as well. No commitment, just a tool for learning more about the market. Yes, you can get some of this information on websites like Zillow, but the Maris system is much more reliable and is getting the information first-hand from realtors. It also allows us to sort info in sooooo many different ways that we are sure we can make it a helpful tool for you as well. If you decide you want to stop getting the emails with the updates you can do so at any time. We promise!!!
- A little Competition Never Hurt Anyone!! Wondering what your house might be worth? Gives us a call and we can run comps in your neighborhood to give you a realistic idea what homes in your area are going for, and what your home is worth. We can add your neighborhood to the Maris search mentioned above so you can see the competition. Always fun, and a good idea!!
- It’s All in the Mind’s Eye! And, as I said in an earlier newsletter hit the open houses. Face it, most of us enjoy seeing how others have decorated and remodeled. Here is a tip. If you are not spatial, have trouble visualizing how a room might look if the paint is changed, the furniture rearranged, or a wall removed take a friend who is good at that with you. Okay, maybe moving walls is out of your comfort zone, but you get the point!! Too often buyers walk into a house and discount it because of ugly paint, over sized furniture, dated fixtures, or atrocious decorating. You have to be able to look beyond that. Some people can, some, not so much!! If you are in the latter category take a trusted friend or realtor (I mean I love doing that kind of visualizing) along for the house tours. They can help paint the picture for you, explain possibilities, and maybe even draw it for you. Make sense?
THE BLANKENSHIP SIPS
So while you are curled up on that cozy couch for a long winter’s night here are a few sips to enjoy.
Spiked Hot Chocolate
- Your favorite hot chocolate or coffee
- Add a shot of Rum Chata. Okay, let’s be honest it could be Amaretto, Baileys or Kahlua. It all works!! Even a splash of tequila with a cinnamon stick, or so I have heard!
Pomegranate Moscow Mule
- Three ounces of pomegranate juice
- Two ounces pomegranate vodka
- Juice from ½ a lime
- 12 ounces Ginger Beer
- Combine all vodka, juices and ginger beer and pour over ice.
- Use a Moscow Mule copper cup for added fun. Garnish with pomegranate arils and lime wedges if desired.
Orange Bourbon Tea
- A pot of hot water
- Your favorite tea
- One shot of bourbon
- Juice of ½ an orange.
That’ll keep you cozy and maybe help you sleep. Beats Tylenol PM any night!!
Another Tips and Sips comes to an end. As the New Year begins we thank you for your continued support and sincerely hope that the New Year brings joyful times, family fun, healthy days and success in all its manifestations.