It is summer and there is an abundance of free things to do in St. Louis!
I think we sometimes forget how lucky we are to have so many free attractions in St. Louis.
Here are a few things to do in St. Louis in June
Things to do in St. Louis with animals
- Duh, St. Louis Zoo is an amazing choice 🙂
- Grants Farm is an absolute blast.
- Suson Park for farm animals.
- The World Bird Sanctuary.
- Purina Farms.
- Lone Elk Park.
Things to do in St. Louis with Music
If you’re like me, you love music. Anytime I have the opportunity to listen to live music, it peaks my interest!
- Check out the Wednesday concerts at the Botanical Garden from May 27 until July 29.
- The Children’s Concert Series in Tower Grove Park on Wednesdays starting June 6 at 9:30 a.m. at the Piper Palm House.
- Music on Main Street in St. Charles every third Wednesday evening throughout the summer.
- The Jungle Boogie Concert Series Fridays at the Zoo from May 22 to August 28.
- The Compton Heights Concert Band on Sundays and Mondays in Tower Grove Park from June 28 until August 3.
- The Starlight Concert Series at Heman Park on Mondays from June through August.
That’s just a sampling check the Riverfront Times for even more free things to do in St. Louis.
Hit up the local Museums and Tours in St. Louis
Museums and tours anyone?
- Art Museum
- History Museum
- Pulitzer Museum and the Science Center are all free.
- New museum under the arch
- Anheuser Busch Brewery tours (I had to fit them in somewhere).
- Jewel Box
- Botanical Gardens are free before noon on Saturdays to city and county residents with proof of address.
- Magic House is free on the third Friday of the month from 5:30-9:30.
- You can also get a tour of the Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate factory. Who knew?
- Check out the Central Library’s recent renovation, it is stunning and while you are downtown walk through City Garden.
- Get a bit more adventuresome and head east to Cahokia Mounds, I admit it is still on my To Do List.
- National Great Rivers Museum next to Melvin Price Locks and Dams in Alton, IL. You can tour those as well. All free!!!
Just a few ideas to get the summer adventures going whether you are playing with or without kids St. Louis truly has a great deal to offer.