It’s hard to believe we are posting our 21st real estate tips, almost 2 years and we couldn’t have ever imagined the amount of support we have received from our friends, family, and clients. We are beyond humbled 🙂
The end of the school year is here and summer vacation time is right around the corner. I know, officially summer doesn’t start until June 21st, but I was an educator for 42 years and in my world when school ends it’s SUMMER!
7 Redecorating Tips to Sell Your House Fast This Summer
Whether you are getting ready to put your house on the market, or just want to lighten and brighten it for the summer months, here are 7 useful and fun tips.
- Take down heavy drapes and replace them with light and airy sheers. Something as simple as this can change the whole feel of a room. It lightens the space and makes it feel bigger.
- If you have throw pillows on couches, chairs or beds consider swapping them out for brighter and lighter version. Or add a splash of summer color with pillows in aqua, turquoise, peach, light green or yellow, whatever might go with your decor. Have fun with some wild prints in these bright colors. It’s summer!
- While we are talking about adding a splash of color, why not spray paint a chair or small table in one of these shades and add it to the room. Or, buy an inexpensive mirror and spray paint the frame for that pop of summer hue!
- Is your living room oriented toward the fireplace? Great for the winter, but think about switching the orientation towards a big, bright window.
- Do you have a darker accent wall? Well. We surely aren’t going to paint it for the summer, but think about hanging some big, bright art on the wall. Home Goods here we come!! Or, hit up the fabric store and the craft store. Buy some stretcher frames and fabric and create your own summer art work. No talent needed!!
- Do you have a heavy or dark bedspread? Swapping time againJ!! Temporarily replace it with a lighter weight, and/or lighter colored model.
- Another favorite, one I actually do do…buy fresh flowers!!! That will always brighten your day and brighten your home!! Just a few thoughts to get you started on summering up your home. I really am going to do it this year!!! Want to join me? Send us some pics and we will post them on our website.
Have a great month of June and we will be writing and sharing again in July.
Enjoy these summer days and please continue to spread the word about the Blankenship Team. We appreciate your kind words and referrals.
Want to Stay Updated with our St. Louis Real Estate Tips?
For questions on buying or selling your home in St. Louis, you can reach Brad directly at 314-302-0592 or, you can join our contact list and we’ll continue to send you great tips on buying and selling your home in St. Louis. Enter your information below and we’ll keep you up to speed on the good stuff!